About The Kentuckiana Santa
Santa Jerry & Mrs Claus
Jerry and Mrs. Claus are graduates of the Charles W. Howard Santa Claus School for thirteen consecutive years (2007-2019) located in Midland Michigan and is the oldest and most respected Santa Schools in the United States.
Santa and Mrs. Claus are also graduates of the International University of Santa Claus (2007, 2010, 2019) and holds a Master of Santa Claus from the school which is the largest Santa school of its kind traveling to cities all over the world to teach the aspects of being Santa.
Jerry has also attended the St. Nicholas Institute held in Detroit Michigan in October, from 2012 – 2018.
- Santa America
- IBRBS – International Brotherhood of Real Bearded Santas
- FORBS – Fraternal Order of Real Bearded Santas
- Clan Claus
- Knights of St. Nicholas
Was born to wonderful parents Thomas Earl and Mary Martha Owens who have served as his inspiration in his marriage and is one of a family of 6 children 2 boys and 4 girls.
Has been a Santa for 29 years
Married for 39 years to his lovely wife Diana, Father of three sons Mike, Brian, Matt, Father in law to a sweet daughter in law Amanda, Grandfather to 3 girls and 1 boy from Mike, Adrianne, Brooke, Casey and Dylan, also from Brian and Amanda 2 boy’s Davey and Kayson, great-grandfather to one 1 great-grandson Colton from Adrianne and Jesse, 1 great grandson Liam from Brooke and Will
Santa Jerry is Military Veteran of the United States Air Force 1970-1974
Santa Jerry is and has served as a mentor at their request to fellow Santa’s in the Santa community all over.
Volunteers with Hosparus Health of Southern Indiana and Grief Counseling and is a Santa with Santa America.org which provides comfort hope, love and joy to children and adults dealing with serious illnesses, life changing events and provides support for our military families.
I shot a pilot Commercial for Coca-Cola and it can be seen on YouTube and was filmed totally in the Kentuckiana area starting in Santa Claus, Indiana.
“Santa’s Forgotten Letters”
People have asked me over and over “Why do you do what you do?” For me, it is about making each visit I have with every child, senior, mom and dad something that they will never forget. Hopefully they leave thinking to themselves “that is what I hoped Santa would be like.” The smile of a child is similar to the MasterCard commercial “for somethings there is MasterCard and others there is a smile and it is just priceless!
Places Santa Jerry Has Worked:
Moments Photography selected best Photography studio in Kentuckiana area 2012-2014, News and Tribune Readers’ Choice Award 2014-2015, voted in the Hall of Fame of Photography of the Professional Photographers Association of Greater Louisville
Eleminopea Photography, Richland IN
Doris Hampton Photography, New Albany, IN
Charles W. Howard Santa Claus School, Midland MI from 2007-2019
St. Nicholas Institute, Detroit, MI 2012-2018
International University of Santa Claus 2007-2010, 2019
- Awards and or Positions held:
Santa Jerry has been Awarded:
- Inducted into the International Santa Claus Hall of Fame Class of 2019
- Co-Chairman of the Santa Claus Oath Committee
- The Santa Claus Oath Medal of Honor
- Captain in the Knights of St. Nicholas
- The Clan Claus Order of The Benevolent Reindeer
- The Order of St. Nicholas Medal from the St. Nicholas Institute
- AML Construction Co. Christmas Party, Floyds Knobs, IN
- Hughes Group Inc. Jeffersonville, IN
- Indiana University Southeast Ogle Center Christmas Performance
- The Brown Hotel Louisville, KY
- Has been requested in the past to appear at Fort Knox on behalf of Santa-America for some of troops recently returning from deployment
Also Featured on:
- Extol Magazine November 2016
- Explorer Magazine December 2014
- NBC Today Show Weekend Edition live in New York 12-1-2013
- Southern Indiana Magazine 2014
- Radio Voice Over for Schmitt Furniture in New Albany, IN 2015